Granada Terrace Historic District
In February 1924, the Granada Terrace subdivision was platted by prominent local developer C. Perry Snell and laid out with parkways, circular plazas in the roadway, and curved streets. This small, compact neighborhood was oriented towards these parkways and plazas which feature large concrete monuments. The southern portion of the neighborhood is bisected by Granada Park, the central parkway comprised of a series of rounded plots that runs from 1st Street NE to the water, ending on the east side of Coffee Pot Boulevard and opening into a large, semi-circular vista. Features within the vista include a large, rectangular, concrete pylon pergola and benches on the west side of Coffee Pot Boulevard, the street that parallels the waterfront. A corresponding semi-circular feature and a wide concrete terrace with steps to water's edge dominate its extension into Coffee Pot Bayou on the east side of the boulevard.