St. Pete/Clearwater. Wyndham Grand Makes Debut On America’s Best Beaches Amid Booming Visitation
As St. Pete/Clearwater obliterates tourism records, hotel developers are seizing the moment as 1,000 new rooms came online in 2016, and another 1,000 rooms are set to open in 2017. Here’s a rundown of the projects:
mai 25, 2017
- Wyndham Grand Resort (pictured), Clearwater Beach, Opened January 24 | The high-end Wyndham Grand is the second biggest on Clearwater Beach: 343 luxuriously appointed guest rooms; spectacular waterfront vistas; waterside bar and restaurant; 22,000-square feet of flexible meeting space.
- Fenway Hotel, Opens December 2017 | The 1920’s-era building, a Dunedin icon, returns to its original role as a hotel. Developer Mainsail Lodging is transforming the Mediterranean-style, waterfront building into a member of the Marriott International Autograph Collection. The reincarnated Fenway, which will feature a strong historical influence, is on pace to open in December 2017.
- Hyatt Place, Downtown St. Pete, Opens late 2017 | A hotel in what will become St. Pete’s tallest building (41 stories) will feature 175 rooms, making up 13 stories in the mixed-use development dubbed One St. Petersburg. The complex will also feature 253 condominium units in the heart of downtown.
- Sugar Sands Resort, St. Pete Beach, Opens late 2018 | TradeWinds Resort plans to bring the first major redevelopment project to St. Pete Beach in more than a decade. The $55 million renovation will include a 116-foot tall, 12-story hotel boasting 217 hotel room accommodations.
- JW Marriott, Clearwater Beach, Opens 2019 | Just announced, construction on a $120-million JW Marriott will begin this fall, completing in 2019. The 166-room property will be the first true 5-star hotel in Tampa Bay.
- Opal Sands Resort, Clearwater Beach, Opened 2016 | Ocean Properties’ stunning new luxury resort with a sleek, mid-century vibe and a gently curving façade fronting the Gulf of Mexico, brings another world-class option to Clearwater Beach---and a new level of sophistication to the entire Gulf Coast. All 230 guest rooms boast unobstructed views of the Gulf’s emerald waters, and 17,000 square feet of waterfront meeting space.
- Treasure Island Beach Resort, Opened 2016 | This luxury property includes 77 one-and two-bedroom suites, all offering a view of the Gulf, with kitchens and porch or balcony. It gives the “middle beaches” of St. Pete/Clearwater a luxury product that hasn’t existed until now. It’s also part of the same OPAL Collection as the Opal Sands.